CoorsTek Corporation ("CT") recognizes private information as an important asset and treats such, not only as a social responsibility, but also as a basic element of its business activities, in a strict manner in accordance with the following policy.
- CT observes the Personal Data Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations. CT also implements its own Personal Data Protection Program (the "Program") that the company maintains and strives to improve continuously.
- CT establishes management systems relating to personal data protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program.
- CT uses personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly informed to customers (that include customers, vendors, or any other interested parties). CT does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties without consent of the customers or when there is a legitimate reason.
- CT maintains personal data, accurate and updated, and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
- CT responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of their personal data truthfully and without delay.
2.Intended Use of Personal Data
CT requests personal data from customers, indicating clearly in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used, and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose. When a need to use a customer's personal data for purposes other than the stated purpose arises, CT notifies the customer to that effect and obtains consent before using the information.
3.Provision of Personal Data
CT does not disclose or provide customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- when the customer has given prior consent
- when complying with laws and regulations
- when disclosure is necessary for protecting human life, health or property and when it is difficult to obtain consent
- when CT consigns the handling of personal data to a third party in the scope necessary to achieve the intended use
- when the relevant business of CT or CT itself is succeeded by another entity due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
Notwithstanding the above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded by a CT affiliate or distributor, CT may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to such an affiliate or distributor.
4.Procedure for Request for Disclosure
CT complies with the following requests from customers concerning their personal data held by CT: 1) request for disclosure; 2) request for notification of the intended purpose; 3) request for correction; 4) request for addition; 5) request for deletion; and 6) request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties.
5.Inquiry Concerning Personal Data
For any inquiry concerning personal data or the Program in general, please contact the person in charge in General Administration at CT's head office.
- Please note that some services provided by CT may not be available without the required personal data.
- For a person under 16 years old, please obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before providing personal data.
- CT disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data handled on third parties' websites that are linked to the CT website.
- CT keeps posted on this page important changes and notices regarding its handling of personal data.