CoorsTek KK ("CTKK") recognizes personal information as an important asset and treats such, not only as a social responsibility, but also as a basic element of its business activities, in a strict manner in accordance with the following policy.
- CTKK observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and other relevant laws and regulations. CTKK also implements its own Personal Information Protection Program (the "Program") that CTKK maintains and strives to improve continuously.
- CTKK establishes management systems relating to personal information protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program.
- CTKK uses personal information within the scope of the intended use that is clearly informed to customers (that include customers, vendors, or any other interested parties). CTKK does not disclose or provide personal information provided by customers to third parties without consent of the customers or when there is a legitimate reason.
- CTKK maintains personal information, accurate and updated, and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal information or the loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
- CTKK responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal information or requests from customers for disclosure of their personal information truthfully and without delay.
2.Intended Use of Personal Information
CTKK requests personal information from customers, indicating clearly in advance the purpose for which the personal information is intended to be used, and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose. When a need to use a customer's personal information for purposes other than the stated purpose arises, CTKK notifies the customer to that effect and obtains consent before using the information.
3.Provision of Personal Information
1. CTKK does not disclose or provide customers' personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- when the customer has given prior consent
- when complying with laws and regulations
- when disclosure is necessary for protecting human life, health or property and when it is difficult to obtain consent
- when CTKK consigns the handling of personal information to a third party in the scope necessary to achieve the intended use
- when the relevant business of CTKK or CTKK itself is succeeded by another entity due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
2. Notwithstanding the above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded by a CTKK affiliate or distributor, CTKK may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to such an affiliate or distributor.
3. CTKK may provide the customer’s personal information to a third party in a foreign country, provided that the case falls under one or more of followings, as well as one or more of exceptional items in 3.1 or the conditions in 3.2;
- when the customer has given prior consent to the provision to a third party in a foreign country.
- when such third party establishing a system conforming to standards pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 4 Section 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- when it is unable to identify the specific individual from such information.
4.Procedure for Request for Disclosure
CTKK complies with the following requests from customers concerning their personal information held by CTKK: 1) request for disclosure; 2) request for notification of the intended purpose; 3) request for correction; 4) request for addition; 5) request for deletion; and 6) request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties.
5.Inquiry Concerning Personal Information
For any inquiry concerning personal information or the Program in general, please contact the person in charge in Administration & Communication at CTKK's head office.
- Please note that some services provided by CTKK may not be available without the required personal information.
- For a person under 16 years old, please obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before providing personal information.
- CTKK disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal information handled on third parties' websites that are linked to the CTKK website.
- CTKK keeps posted on this page important changes and notices regarding its handling of personal information.