CoorsTek GK ("CoorsTek") recognizes personal information as an important asset and treats such, not only as a social responsibility, but also as a basic element of its business activities, in a strict manner in accordance with the following policy.
Last updated on February 1, 2023
11-1, Osaki 2-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Jonathan Coors, Business Duty Performer
- CoorsTek observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and other relevant laws and regulations. CoorsTek also implements its own Personal Information Protection Program (the "Program") that CoorsTek maintains and strives to improve continuously.
- CoorsTek establishes management systems regarding personal information protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program.
- CoorsTek uses personal information within the scope of the intended use that is clearly informed to customers (that include customers, vendors, or any other interested parties, collectively, "Customer(s)"). CoorsTek does not disclose or provide personal information provided by Customers to third parties without prior consent of the relevant Customers or when there is a legitimate reason.
- CoorsTek maintains personal information, accurate and updated, and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal information or the loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
- CoorsTek responds to inquiries from Customers concerning personal information or requests from Customers for disclosure of their personal information truthfully and without delay.
2.Intended Use of Personal Information
CoorsTek requests personal information from Customers, indicating clearly in advance the purpose for which the personal information is intended to be used, and uses such information within the scope of the stated purpose. In the event it becomes necessary to use the collected personal information of a Customer beyond the scope of the stated purpose, CoorsTek notifies the relevant Customer to whom such personal information pertains and obtains prior consent regading such use.
3.Provision of Personal Information
1. CoorsTek does not disclose or provide Customers' personal information to third parties except in the following cases;
- when the relevant Customer has given prior consent.
- when complying with laws and regulations.
- when disclosure is necessary for protecting human life, health or property and when it is difficult to obtain consent.
- when CoorsTek consigns the handling of personal information to a third party in the scope necessary to achieve the intended use.
- when the relevant business of CoorsTek or CoorsTek itself is succeeded by another entity due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
2. CoorsTek may provide Customers’ personal information to a third party located in a foreign country, provided that the case falls under one or more of the following, as well as one or more of the exceptions in above 3.1 or when it is deemed that an inquiry from a Customer concerning products, repairs, or service could be more appropriately responded by a CoorsTek’s affiliate, agent, or distributor;
- when the relevant Customer has given prior consent to the provision to a third party located in a foreign country.
- when such a third party establishes a system conforming to standards pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 4, Section 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and when it is secured that such system functions between CoorsTek and such third party.
- when it is unable to identify the specific Customer from such information.
4.Joint Use of Personal Information
CoorsTek may jointly use personal information within the domestic affiliates as follows;
- Personal information items to be jointly used
Personal information of Customers, including address, name, contact details (e.g., telephone number), and transaction/inquiry content.
- Purpose of joint use
For the purposes indicated to Customers when obtaining such personal information.
- Scope of joint users
CoorsTek’s domestic affiliates in Japan. For further details, please refer to the list “Domestic Subsidiaries (Sales Offices / Manufacturing Facilities)” shown on the “Facilities and Offices” page of this website.
- Company responsible for the management of joint use
CoorsTek GK (The company address and the representative are indicated at the top of this page.)
5.Matters Concerning Security Management Measures for Personal Information
In order to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to ensure the security management of such information, CoorsTek takes necessary and appropriate measures.
- Formulation of Basic Policy
For the appropriate handling of personal information, CoorsTek formulates a basic policy and ensures that all executives and employees are fully aware of the policy and strives to protect personal information in an appropriate manner.
- Development of rules for the handling of personal information
CoorsTek develops internal rules with respect to the handling methods of personal information at each stage, including acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, and disposal.
- Organizational security management measures
Together with appointing a person responsible for the handling of personal information, CoorsTek clearly defines employees who are authorized to handle personal information as well as the scope of information handled by such employees; and develops a reporting system in the event a fact or indication of a violation of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or internal rules is detected.
- Physical security management measures
In the areas where personal information is handled, access control measures are implemented to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing personal information. Measures are put in place to prevent theft or loss of devices, electronic media, and paper documents that contain personal information.
- Technical security management measures
CoorsTek implements access control to limit the scope of the employees who access the personal information and the scope of the personal information database that each employee is authorized to access. A protection mechanism has been put in place to protect the information system which processes personal information from unauthorized access by external parties or malicious software.
- Human security management measures
In order to improve awareness of the importance of protecting personal information as well as ensuring the appropriate handling methods of such information, CoorsTek conducts in-house training for employees regularly. Matters concerning the confidentiality of personal information are stipulated in the rules of employment.
6.Procedure for Request for Disclosure
CoorsTek complies with the following requests from Customers concerning their personal information held by CoorsTek: (1) request for disclosure; (2) request for notification of the intended purpose; (3) request for correction; (4) request for addition; (5) request for deletion; and (6) request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties.
7.Inquiry Concerning Personal Information
For any inquiry concerning personal information or the Program in general, please contact the following “Consultation Desk Regarding Personal Information”
Consultation Desk Regarding Personal Information
11-1, Osaki 2-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0032
HR / Administration, Person in charge of personal information protection
Email (Please click here to send an email)
- Please note that some services provided by CoorsTek may not be available without the required personal information.
- For a person under 16 years old, please obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before providing personal information.
- CoorsTek disclaims any responsibility for the security of Customers' personal information handled on third parties' websites that are linked to the CoorsTek website.
- CoorsTek keeps posted on this page important changes and notices regarding its handling of personal information.